|• Do you maintain mountain huts and trails or climbing areas?
• Do you fight for free access to mountainous areas in a responsible manner?
• Do you face problems such as excessive regulations regarding remote mountain huts?
• Do you fight against the destruction of nature caused by overtourism?
• Or on the contrary, do you face serious population decline in remote areas because people don’t see any perspectives for their future there?
• Do you shy away from the bureaucratic effort of getting in touch with the EU?
• Are you committed to animate young people to take responsibility and risk in a positive way?
• Would you like to share your thoughts, problems and experiences with millions of other mountaineers?
• Does your heart beat for the wild beauty of mountains, does it hurt when you witness the destruction of nature and the loss of diversity, does it find comfort in community spirit?
|WHO ARE WE?
We are a n umbrella organisation of European mountaineering associations from 24 countries with approximately 3 million members.
We strive to include mountaineering in European Union priorities as an important factor of quality of life and to be recognised as the dialogue partner for mountaineering by EU institutions.
What are we standing for?
• We are the voice of European mountaineers