The president of European Union of Mountaineering Associations (EUMA), Mr. Roland Stierle and the president of European Ramblers Association (ERA), Mr. Boris Micic, on 17th of October 2019 signed Cooperation agreement with the following wording:
Preamble: ERA and EUMA stand for freedom of access to open country sites, mountains and climbing areas. Our values are environmental care, voluntary work, joy of living, responsibility and cooperation. ERA’s and EUMA’s strategic priorities as well as execution shall be synergetic to use member federation funds as smart and efficient as possible.
Therefore, it is our clear target:
- Both associations cooperate closely and are welcome as reciprocal partners in general meetings or general assemblies.
- Both associations work closely together at European level and support each other in their respective lobbying activities.
- Both associations provide appropriate information about the partner in their media.
- Both associations offer a link to the website of the partner on their website
This agreement can be terminated by either partner in writing with three months' notice.
European Ramblers Association (ERA)
The European Ramblers’ Association (ERA) was founded in Germany in 1969. Today, this umbrella organisation comprises 63 walking organisations from 33 European countries. These organisations have a total of 3 million individual members. Most of the member organisations have long experience in organising and creating conditions to facilitate walking (waymarking, construction of huts etc.) and in arranging activities for the members. Some of them have been in existence for more than one hundred years (the oldest for more than 150 years).
The ERA’s aims are:
- furthering walking and mountaineering activities in Europe
- creating and waymarking 12 European long-distance paths, protecting these and other European paths and safeguarding their continued existence
- understanding and protecting the countryside and promoting the principles of sustainable development
- supporting a knowledge of European history and culture and the protection of its heritage
- strengthening the consciousness of people that physical activity is one of the basic conditions for a healthy life
- seeking to preserve the right of free access to nature; this aim being secondary to the protection of the natural environment.
- strengthening mutual understanding among people through cross-border cooperation and organising pan-European events
More info: https://www.era-ewv-ferp.org/