- We are the voice of European mountaineers
- We understand mountaineering as sport activities for all in mountains and climbing areas (hiking, mountaineering and climbing) and all support activities (education, voluntary guiding, environmental awareness, mountain trails, mountain huts and climbing areas).
- We stand for freedom of access to mountains and climbing areas in a responsible manner as a fundamental right.
- We promote:
- responsible mountaineering (nature protection and safety in the mountains) that balances the interests of the mountaineers with the requirements of a prudent use
- mountaineering as fundamental contribution to cohesion in Europe
- sustainable development of the mountain regions and their lifeforms
- We cooperate with European institutions where we will represent the interests of our members.
- We encourage cooperation within our members and with partners sharing common interest.
- to include mountaineering in European Union priorities as an important factor of quality of life
- to be recognised as the dialogue partner for mountaineering by EU institutions
- environmental care
- voluntary work
- joy of living